Melissa Mondragon, owner of No. 2 Pencil, Cook, Bake, and Create, shows us how to make this simple and delicious glazed ham that will be perfect for your Easter table.
RECIPE AND PHOTOGRAPHS BY: NO. 2 PENCIL
7.5 pound unsliced, bone-in ham
1 cup of water
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons of brown mustard
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by trimming excess fat and skin from the ham.
- Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
- Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil.
- Let boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
Note: If glaze cools too long and is overly thick, just reheat to make pourable.
Photographs by: Melissa Mondragon, courtesy of NO. 2 PENCIL.
To see more of Melissa’s delicious recipes, projects, and home decor inspiration, visit her online at NO. 2 PENCIL.